Thursday, February 08, 2007

I can see clearly now...

I've finally got myself a new pair of specs.

Its something i've wanted to do more than a year ago, but keep putting it off. Long time back the screw that held the nose piece on broke, so i fastened it on with thread. No one noticed (i think, or maybe they were just being polite) but last week when i went to put em on, the leg broke off in my hand. Of all the bad timings, cause my last pair of contact lenses had expired. So i fixed it ala Harry Potter with good ol cellotape. But it was obvious i needed to get a new pair.













Now, unfortunately i didnt have the luxury of choosing any frame in the shop, and i was limited to a certain section that had frames on display, if you know what i mean. But in situations like this, i'm glad i'm me, i know what i can and can not afford so i understand that i wont be getting the bestest looking specs to suit me.

Though there's a fleeting, momentary sadness in that, its life la. I was trying to explain to a friend about something similar, about spending on stuff, Need vs Want, he couldn't understand where i was coming from. And he never will.
















Suria and Chris were the deciders. Not that hard a decision to make actually, when there's not much choice. Suddenly the world looks clearer, but i feel like my head moves faster than my eyes because of the new frame shape...it'll take some time getting used to.

Whether suits me or not is secondary. Better than thread and cellotape.
I'm content so, yay.

6 comments:

imissw said...

orange! hhmm...

Anonymous said...

A pic of you wearing the new specs would be a better addition to the post instead of your laptop wearing your specs. Then we could decide whether to vote it off the island that is your nose or not. Just sayin...

queen shelby said...

(chinese characters): it was between brown or the black/orange ones... I didnt like the brown cause shiny shiny..

BoB: You'll prob see me in them this sunday, so you can judge for yerself...

Anonymous said...

why cant i see your photos!
Cannot give my expert opinion.
hmmph!

oh wait, you could've asked my brother the fashion consultant.

Anonymous said...

YOU DIDN'T SHOW!

*disappointed cuz he didn't get to pass judgment...*

queen shelby said...

.C. : I dunno why you cant see them, i also cant. When i first uploaded can wor... Sorry- see them when you come back!

BoB: =p