Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Dont Imagine Me & You




















Gah...Watched this movie with Suria in the room the other day and it got us quite pissed off... Why? Quick plot- guy and gal get married, and the lesbian florist for their wedding shares a moment with the bride and it was love at first sight. So as a married woman, she fights urges but cant and falls for florist. One-true-love and all that jazz...

What got us so angry was the scene where the husband goes to florist to get her favorite flowers and tells the LESBIAN FLORIST WHO MOMENTS AGO WAS SNOGGING HIS WIFE that he can't understand why his wife is behaving differently and he feels it must be his fault so wants to try and make things right.

Stupid lesbian wife. Stupid lesbian florist.

Another thing that was pissing off is how the mother of the florist said "You didnt do anything wrong" to her daughter. And when the closet-wife told her parents, they took her side and totally went with the "follow your heart" etc... So cheating on your husband whom you made vows and commitments to is alright, just cause suddenly you realize you're gay?

Bah.

Stupid show.

Trust me, i'm not dissing homosexuality, i'd be just as grrrrrrr if she had cheated on him with another man. I seriously dislike the message this movie was sending out.

In the end, the husband "released" her saying:

I want you to be happy. More than anything else I wanted to be the cause of happiness in you. But if I'm not, then I can't stand in the way, you see? Because what you're feeling now, Rachel, is the unstoppable force. Which means that I've got to move.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you ever been in love?

Andrew said...

I watched the preview before... it's gross. Somemore the soundtrack for the movie is LIFEHOUSE - YOU & ME. I like the song at first... but now... no way!

queen shelby said...

Anon: Yes. So?

Andrew: Keke,I like that song too. Dont not like the song just cause of the show... Dunno bout the preview but the movie made me bengang man...

Anonymous said...

sounds horrible alright.

and to anonymous, have you ever heard of commitment and responsibility?