Saturday, February 24, 2007

Disappointment

Sigh.
Set myself up again for another kekecewaan.
I'm not the kind of person that accepts failures matter-of-factly, as in, going into something knowing i wont succeed cause i didnt put any effort into it, but still kicking myself over and over after what i knew was coming happens. Its not that i think i deserved better, but there's a sting. Even if its not my fault, its my fault.

I remember back when we had YF Camp 2002 in Melaka and i had accidentally left the keys in the main hall and Jessica locked it for the night. Felt like such an idiot, irresponsible. I wanted to do a good job as Ass. Camp Commie and it happened and i felt super bleh. Most would forget it even happened, but 5years later and i still havent.

Today, the disappointment was a matter of like, 2 steps. The 3rd runner couldn't pass me the baton accurately, and i just couldn't go any faster than i did. Sigh. =(
At the moment the USM Inter-Hostel Athletics is going on.
Got 4th place for the 4x100m event, where it was quite sure we'd get a placing.
Boo hoo.
Me sad.

Allow me to wallow.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Za Bor ar..Don’t be sad la. Try to see it with another perspective, you should feel proud by being able to join the race. Its actually better than many people already.
Aiyo, I cant even imagine myself being in the race-man..hehe…
Cheer up ya!

Anonymous said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, scooch over and I'll wallow with you till you feel better...

queen shelby said...

Thanks Elaine...
Yeah,its all in how i view it i guess.

I felt like killing my hostel Pen. Penggawa, instead of saying like, good try or whatever, he actually told me, "I see you were out of breath at the end...It looked like you didnt give it your all."
Wah.

So much for encouragement.

Bob: We make Mud Angels? =p I'm better, thanks for the company.

Anonymous said...

HAHA...whenever you see your pen. penggawa doing absolutely anything at all, say "I see you were out of breath at the end...It looked like you didnt give it your all." to him. It is best said when he is attempting to eat a karipap or something...

Yay...you make mud angels...mine would look like a mud michelin man...

Misery loves company...glad you feel better...