Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP King of Pop













It is very sad that he died.

I am one of the fans that had hopes he would someday bounce back from all he's been through.

For the rest around my age, we will always remember how cool his music videos were -
Black or White with Macaulay Culkin, and the fantastic ending where the heads morph into different people...

Remember the Time was also one of my favs, and I loved Eddie Murphy back then. Of course the ending of that video was also WOW for the time when he dissapeared into a whirlwind of sand.

Watching his videos then gave me more excitement than the CGI stuff on the big screen today.

Thriller... Bad... Heal the World...

The quality of his songs and the responses he can evoke can't be compared.
I was telling a friend, just take any one of todays pop songs and hold it against any of MJ's songs and it is nothing next to it - lyrically, musically, 'feeling'ly...

One of the songs I still listen to quite frequently and love is Man in the Mirror, a message I think is relevant to everyone throughout the ages.

I'm Starting With The Man In The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change His Ways
And No Message Could Have Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place
Take A Look At Yourself, And Then Make A Change



Thank you Michael for the music you gave to us, and the impact your songs had on our lives.

No comments: