Thursday, May 14, 2009

7 sues

Excerpt from Wikipedia on the Breaststroke :
"It is the most popular recreational style due to its stability and the ability to keep the head out of the water a large portion of the time."

Hmmm... Too bad I never knew that the stroke actually involved putting your head in the water. I thought it was optional, and all these years, i've been swimming with my head above the water.













Yes, those reaading who know how to do the breaststroke properly or went for lessons will find it very strange, and 'incredible' that i manage to swim that way, considering its so much more difficult and tiring. You'll see my head bob along the whole length of the pool. I suspect the lifeguards have been laughing at me all this while.

Thanks to the coaching of Lee-Su-Yee over the past couple of months, I finally managed to swim properly for the first time. Woot woot!

I finally did : up-down-stroke-up-down-stroke-up-down-stroke
Instead of : up-stroke-down-stroke-stroke-up-stroke-stroke-stroke-down-down-stroke
Or worse the: up-stroke-up-stroke-up-stroke-up-stroke

Happiness!

In June I wanna learn how to 'freestyle' properly.

3 comments:

Hasten said...

Try to upgrade your breastroke to the next level la...

Stroke-up-dive-glide-stroke-up-dive-glide...

Can cut time by a lot a lot.

queen shelby said...

What is 'glide'?

Like a crocodile?

Hasten said...

"Glide" means put arms straight forward, close legs, make yourself like an arrow, and see how far you can move in the water without losing aerodynamic form.

Jimat a lot of energy.

If done properly, you can cover 50m in less than 20 strokes.