Monday, December 08, 2008

Script Writing Course

Beginning last year, Astro has organized short courses for Directing, Acting and Script Writing. They get tutors from the National Institute of Dramatic Arts, Australia to come over and conduct the courses.

When I saw the ad on tv, I thought to myself, 'I have to apply...'















But as usual, I put it off and put it off till literally the very last minute...

I was so rushed that I made an embarrassing typo in the Subject! Shyness...


























But it was sent on time!
Thick skinned, I sent them proof it was before the deadline.
























A month went by and I didn't think about it till I got an email saying I was short-listed.

Yay!























Alas, I did not get chosen.

*sob*

Two weeks later, Friday morning, just 2 days before the course, I receive a phone call from an Astro person telling me one participant fell sick and there's a last minute opening.. Could I make it?

What?!? Yes! Yes! Yes!

Oh wait, I'll have to check with my boss first.

(Its full time 2weeks 10-5pm mind you, what Boss gives 2weeks off just like that?)

After much nervousness and mental torture, I asked and my boss said OKAY!

Woot!

In the end, I was a participant of the NIDA Script Writing Short Course, which was a blast, a great experience, and my classmates rocked!

Imagine, 2 weeks in a class of 16 writers, learning, discussing, experimenting, improving, contributing - it was fantastic. Our tutor Nick Parsons helped us a lot, made us see how to structure our stories and taught us so much from his own experiences, as a writer and director. Writing is not easy. Really, its not.

I am so thankful that everything fell into place and I was able to attend it.

Now, if only i was a member of Facebook then I could be in the Astro Nida 2008 FB group..

Hmmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dare to be different!

Say NO to facebook!