Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ambivalence

I should be asleep. Stubborn me still trying to stay awake for goodness knows what reason.

I've been thinking about a significant thing that happened the day I left for USM this semester, when i went back for the start of my third year. I had found out some wonderful news from a family member, and the only person i wanted to share my joy with, wasn't there. It was sad because, of the few people that knew about the issue, she would've understood how important this news was, and i'm certain she would've been happy with me and for me.

But i couldn't find her. She had gone on a holiday and i've not seen her since.

I can clearly remember the day i first told her about it, more than a year ago now. She didn't say much, but she sat by me in understanding. Others have heard but never understood. Or bothered. And that cut me in the past because i was revealing secret scars ,hidden beneath years of endurance and hardening, to listeners that just shrugged their shoulders. But i knew that she saw the scars, she could feel my grief and sorrow.

Which is why, till now, my happy news just stays with me.

Maybe when she gets back i'll finally be able to tell her about my answered prayer.


No comments: