Thursday, July 14, 2005

Boring-nya....

Here i am again .
Sitting in the cyber cafe.
Next to a stupid Squat, who's playing Fifa or DotA, i dunno....some guy game la.
*There they go screaming, scored a goal i think...*

Wanted to sort out the library thing today, you see we all have to go for a "How to use the Library" session, and so we went at the alloted time, and it was full up.....Grrr, we then ran over to the other library (yup, USM has 2) and we were speed walking behind 2 other guys that were super speed walking there, sad to say i did giggle at them they really looked like ducks okay...
Got there, and the same problem, FULL... How annoying is that!
The next session was 2hours away, and we couldnt be bothered so decided to take a bus home...

At the bus sop some dude asked me for a tissue, well actually he asked through Kash, appearently he was shy/afraid to ask me cause he thought i was a foreigner....

Sigh.

Its sad okay, and weird, and i'm not used to it, cause i'm used to being home where everyone's used to me and no one bats an eyelid that i look Mat Salleh...
I mean, here people look, glance and all that, but i'm immune to that already la...
Got it since birth , so what to do.
But whats sad is how people are scared to talk to me cause they think i dont understand Malay for one, and that i only speak English....I've literally heard a few times people talking about me , and they think i dunno Malay.... Bah....
The signboard around my neck doesnt seem like such a bad idea after all...

But i'm sure in time eveyone will get that i'm NOT different, and i'm exactly the same as them.

Guess what is one of my assignments ...? I'm to keep a journal for the next 40 days , and then at the end analize it using 10 different comunication terms....
Seems easy at first, and then i think back to RBS how we were forced to journal.It was good training i think , cause now i can do it and the words just flow...
Scared i may write too much.

Hae i mentioned what a boring place it is at the moment... We still dont have our Uni ID cards, so we cant use certain places, and our tutorials only start 2weeks from now, so me n Chris are SUPER free most of the days..
Tomorrow we hope to be adventurous and will hop on a bus and somehow get to Komtar or some shopping mall la..To just get out of the Uni is like, JOY!

Yesterday, so annoyed cause went for a lecture, imagine 380 people trying to squeeze into a hall with a 300 person capacty...it was horrible man, but some how after about 15minutes, people managed to get seated, extra chairs needed of course. Then we waited, and waited...and waited...
A woman walks in half an hour later and says , its been canceled! Imagine how peeved the 380 tired, hot, squashed people were... But thats just life i guess..... I went off to Mc Dee's and had a chocolate sundae, i've been wanting one since i got to Penang and i just enjoyed the cool of the aircon and yummy ice cream.
Then we go for a talk on how to study, at 8pm, supposed to be anyway, by 8.30pm still nothing happening...
FINALLY some dude came out, and starts his talk
The last thing i remember was :
Nothing is Impossible
I'm possible
I dunno what it is with the speakers so far, but they all seem to come up with really LAME lines...Surpasses u la, Obi-Mun.
Well, after that line, i fell asleep, according to Chris, for about 15mins. When i woke he was still rambling on, so i had enough, grabbed my bag and walked out.
Went for mamak with a new bunch of girls that i've met...They're such funny people, and we had a great laugh...
I have to be in my hostel by midnight!!! I'm like a Cinderella!
But in time , i think i can get to know the guards and......muahahah....
Horns all come out la...
I'll end here.
The Squat next to me is really a Squat. He's like, copying all i do.
I warn you , in 3 years one of us might kill the other.
Chris, you've been warned...

4 comments:

toPher said...

haha.. even if one of us do die it would be me lar..
y??
well, cause i'm your assigned bodyguard remember??!!hehe..my duty is to protect you..so i guess i'll hafta sacrifice lar if you really wanna kill me..sob sob...

Su said...

Eh..you guys got it easy. You onli have to attend the "how to use a library session'. In my uni u actually have to take a freaking exam with assignments and if you fail you can't grad. Too much right?

And can you all please can the "Squat" thing? It's all so samuelish...hahahaha

Anonymous said...

hey shelby its me....uni is memang like that...i remember falling asleep in my classes and turning up for classess which were cancelled...at least u don't haf to drive there...hee!hee!oh i can just imagine u and topher strangling each other..like tom and jerry..as for being mat salleh..well u can't change that so just eb yrself and give ppl time..to get to know u...take care and this blogging thing is quite fun..

queen shelby said...

hahah, yueen san , ur so cute la, i so so so miss you and your ways...

chris... die la u

oh, su , so sorrry but we'll try to ...our new squat is Sendut!!!